Way of Being
Born from the company’s core values
As a best place to work, we will use this Way of Being to guide us in our business decisions, our interactions with our customers and vendors, and in our interactions with each other. Our integrity as individuals and as an organization depends on keeping our word in all our agreements.
Communication is at the core of our success. We continually improve our communication. When challenges occur, I agree to communicate only to the person who can resolve them. Before communicating, I will ask myself:
- Are these words true?
- Are these words necessary?
- Are these words constructive and forwarding?
A learning organization
We are a learning organization. A learning organization can be described as “An organization in which people continually expand their individual capacities to create the results they truly desire, where new and expansive patterns of thinking are nurtured, where collective aspiration is set free, and where people are continually learning to learn together.”
Employee feed-forward and collective exchange is the foundation for continuous improvement and Bay West’s future success. We seek your advice; we must hear your perceptions, beliefs, and recommendations. Employees who tactfully and supportively provide feed-forward to peers, supervisors, managers, and owners are meeting one of their most important performance goals.
I agree to be conscious that Bay West is a business where decisions are made to ensure business success.
By agreeing to apply the Way of Being to all areas of my life, I am authentic. My Way of Being at work will be the same as my Way of Being outside of work.
The Bay West Way of Being was developed by Bay West employees. We recognize, endorse and agree to practice this Way of Being.
I agree to the following tenets and accept them as being essential to the Bay West Way of Being, creating a learning organization and maximum value for everyone.
- Be coachable
- Be professional in my appearance and approach as is appropriate to my surroundings and commitments
- Communicate all broken agreements as soon as is appropriate and take the actions necessary to amend the situation
- Keep an open mind while trying new behaviors and practices
- Mentor and support others in their learning
- Openly acknowledge our customers, vendors, and fellow employees for their successes
- Create a “no excuse” environment
- Offer and receive feedforward graciously
- Listen and be open to others as ideas are expressed
- Be respectful of other people and their experiences
- Accept and value differences
- Speak with honesty and forthrightness
- Challenge my own and others’ assumptions
- Participate 100%, even when it is uncomfortable for me
- Have fun!