Taught by credentialed professionals, our Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHSMA) Department of Transportation (DOT) Hazardous Materials Training Course meets the 49 CFR Part 172, Subpart H training requirements for employees who transport hazardous materials (hazmat) in commerce, such as:
- Persons who are self-employed, including owner-operators
- Safety directors, hazardous materials managers
- Persons who load, unload, or handle hazardous materials
- Persons who drive hazardous materials trucks
- Persons who make test, recondition, fill, or certify hazardous materials packaging
- Persons who prepare hazardous materials for transportation
This course is designed for new employees (within 90 days after job start date) and existing employees who perform hazmat functions in their job; such as classifying, labeling, marking, packaging, placarding, and preparing shipping papers for the transportation of hazmat. The course also covers emergency response information while the shipment is in transport, safety measures to follow, and security awareness.
PHMSA DOT Regulations (49 CFR Part 172.704) require hazmat employers to verify competence in required skills by a written or verbal skills test at the conclusion of the course. Upon successful completion of the course you will receive a certificate of completion that is good for three years.
Learn more about PHMSA DOT Hazardous Materials Regulations here:
Lunch is provided with the $150 registration.